Friday, August 1, 2008

Back To School

I'm going. Well not real school lol but real estate courses. I'm so excited. I mean really really excited. I'm also going to try to find a part time job to offset any expenses that becoming an agent ends up costing me. But I am really really excited. I just might finally feel like I have a purpose other than just raising the kids.

Yes, I know thats a lot to live for but its just not enough for me. Every since I had my son I have suffered severe depression. We lived in a state where I knew no one and had no close friends plus I had a baby w/ one on the way. After Maddie arrived I sank even further into it and then I turned to drinking. Now anyone who knows me knows who much I love drinking but I turned into a bonafied (sp) alcoholic. It sucked. Some nights I would drink 12 or more beers, some nights 9-10 glasses of wine. It was bad. I wanted better for myself and my kids but didn't know how to get out and admitting it was embarrassing as hell.

So now that I've had Spence and am back in the same state as most of my friends and family I'm not going back to that dark dark place. Instead I'm filling my life w/ tons and tons of good things! Meds (gotta love em) a new job, my wonderful family and what ever else comes this way.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger