Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spent My Birthday at the Hospital

WooHoo. I turned 28 today. BLAH. That means 10 years ago I had just moved out into my first apartment with my boyfriend and was SO excited that I was FINALLY 18. And of course we partied like cracked out monkeys that night in celebration of the BIG.EVENT.

My my how times change lol. Last night was spent trying to keep DJ up as late as possible so he would sleep in for as long as possible this morning. My friend kept the other two so DJ wouldn't be woke up early. He couldn't eat after midnight and his MRI wasn't scheduled until 1pm. That's a long time for a little boy who eats and eats and EATS, so we kept him up all night.

Our plan worked! He woke up around 10:30 and off we went to the hospital. He was wonderful and so were our doctors and nurses! The anetheisologist let us go back into the MRI room with DJ and we stayed with him until he was completely under. Then we went and had a bite to eat since neither one us dared to eat in front of him today and then returned to the waiting room.

Finally, he was done and he went to recovery. The nurse came and got us before he woke up so he wouldn't be scared. He was HARD to wake up lol but he finally came to. Within an hour of us leaving the hospital one of the neurologists called us and told us he found a small cyst or polyp high up in DJ's sinus cavity AND its in VERY close proximity to his left optic nerve so its POSSIBLE that if it is removed that DJ's vision might improve. CROSS YOUR FINGERS! So the neurologist sent it to an ENT doc and he is supossed to call me tomorrow.

We have HOPE again people. If you pray please pray or just keep my sweet little boy in your thoughts!!! And thank God for all the people today that helped DJ and told us the MRI results long before we would have known anything if Jer didn't work at the hospital.

So, yeah I spent the big 2 8 at the hospital being scared, worried, anxious, terrified...you name it but it was a pretty good day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaime...I am praying for you guys...

Sarahviz said...

Thinking of you!

Jaime said...

Thank you guys! We need all the thoughts and prayers we can get right now!!!! :)

Brooke said...

10 years ago= purple passion at pike place....LMAO!

Powered By Blogger