Friday, June 19, 2009

Can't Believe June Is Almost OVER

In the past few years, June has not been an easy month for me. I get depressed and start crying for no reason around the end of may and have no idea why. Then it dawns on me. June is approaching. At that point I just try to survive the month.

June used to be such an exciting month for me when I was growing up..HELLO it was my birth month! Then on June 10th 2002 my dad passed away suddenly from a rare form of leukemia. We found out on Saturday that he was sick and he died that Monday.

Two years later my Grandmom passed away on my birthday. Hubs and I were living in North Carolina and we were coming home for my birthday. When we got to Memphis, TN my mom called and told me that Grandmom was in the hospital but that "she would be okay." I got off the phone and started bawling because somehow I KNEW she wasn't going to be okay. We of couse sped the entire way to Fort Smith and when we got to the hospital I was able to talk to her and she got to see DJ and rubbed my belly (I was pregnant with Mads) and told me how much she loved all of us. I held her hand as she slipped away and then stayed in the room while the nurses took out all the IV's and cleaned her up.

I miss them both terribly but this June has been different. I think because of all that's going on with DJ I've been distracted and busy enough not to dwell on it. That is a good thing!

On the DJ front, the doctor called us today and he has been referred to an ENT at children's hospital in Little Rock. It will probably be a few weeks before we get an appointment though but we are still very hopeful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

June has been tough for me too but I'm not sure why...thinking of you and DJ!

Powered By Blogger