Monday, July 21, 2008

Searching and Searching and Searching

Today is one of my husbands co-workers birthdays...her name is Rose. She's like 80 something and my big kids adore her. So they found out it was her birthday and wanted to make her a cake. That was last nights little project, today we decorated it. The kids had a blast and couldn't wait to take the cake up to Rose and surprise her. (So excited they even cleaned their room..I only had to ask once) Well when Jerry left earlier I asked him where our truck keys were...he says on the bed in his shorts or in the kitchen. Okay great, I can work with that, I'm sure I can find them. So I start searching, on the bed, in the kitchen, back to the bed, under the bed, under the dresser, back to the kitchen, around the kitchen baseboards (this is when I start to get really not happy)out to the truck, back to the kitchen, in the kids room, in the bathroom, back to the bed, in the dresser drawers, back to the kitchen, in the kitchen drawers, back to the truck, back to the kids bedroom, in the toy chest............NADA! This by the freakin way took me over an hour and 6 phones calls to Jerry. The last call saying I was done looking and we weren't coming up! Finally he calls me back and asks where I'm at. "uh....I'm at fucking home cause I can't find the fucking keys!" (see that's me really really mad) So I say are you sure you don't have them. He says "no sweetheart I don't have them." Me, "well could you just double check?" Him "sure I'll call you back" 2 minutes later RING RING..Me, "hello" Him "I love you" said w/ guilt dripping from his mouth. YEP you guess it....he had them the whole DAMN time. And the search was over. He came and got us, we went up to his work, delivered the cake, had a lil party and came home. Fun right? Good news, Rose loved her cake and the Spiderman and Princess cards from the big kids!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger