Thursday, January 15, 2009

News To Me

So a little over a week ago I found out that one of my friends bosses was a lever 4 sex offender. In the state of Arkansas thats considered a violent sex offender just in case you're wondering. So knowing that he had been around her children I called her terrified that she had been unknowingly allowing a level four violent sex offender around her children. Now being that this was her boss and it is also her husbands boss, I didn't expect her to quit her job because that would be stupid. She still has bills to pay and a family to support. But the reply I received absolutely blew my fucking mind. "Yeah, I've known for three years, no surprise here." she said to me.

Ya know what, that all fine and fucking well if its just your kids that have been around him but that's not the case. I have UNKNOWINGLY allowed my kids to be around him because I had no fucking clue. Had I known, the man would have never been with in a 10 mile radius of my children. She knew for THREE years and NEVER told me. Is it not her responisbility as a fellow mother to inform me and allow me to make a decision whether or not to make the choice to allow him around my kids? That is what I'm the most upset about. She allowed a sex offender to be around my children. She had zero right to let that happen. I am disgusted.

And then she tried to make excuses for him. Tried to tell me why he got bumped up to a level 4 offended. Um, well honey, he got bumped up because he took a 16 year old to a hotel room, drugged her, and tried to raped her...um, yeah that pretty much does it.

I have waited a little over two weeks to put this on my blog. I know I have to get it out but I'm not even sure that now is the right time. I'm not sure I'm getting all that I want to across. I feel like she left my children vulernable to a predator. This is supossed to be one of my best friends. And instead of ever saying she was sorry she defended herself and this sick mother fucker to me. And then she went on to tell me that I was ending our friendship of 9 years over a difference of opinion. How the fuck do you figure?

A difference of fucking opionion? Am I the only one that doesn't see that??? It's not a difference of opinion........its a matter of keeping my children safe at all costs. I would never expose her children to something like that. I am still somewhat dumbfounded by the entire situation. I am mad as hell and will never leave my kids with her again but yet DJ and Mads keep asking for her two kids who they have basically grown up with. I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

All either one of them really had to do was say I'm really sorry, I should have told you. I still wouldn't have let my kids go to their house but the animosity wouldn't be there. But I am overflowing with it. Almost to the point where its eating me alive. How can she take my kids innocence and even her own kids innocence for granted like that? There is no sense to any of it.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

There's no excuse in the WORLD for a level 4 sex offender! You are totally in the right!

Anonymous said...

I am with you...as hard as it is I would have ended the friendship as well...she put your children at risk..enough said. I'm sorry...

Jimme said...

OM freaking Gosh... I know who your are talking about and Jaime hopefully this will be the final straw in between you guys, and as far as "her" kids are you can let them come see ur's under your supervision. But what kind of fucking bitch does she really have to be to not only let your kids around this man but i guess her kids are around him on a regular bases.... Im so sorry i pray that everything is ok call me soon i want to talk to you Y didnt you call me when this happened.

Jaime said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Makes me feel like I'm not crazy and didn't just overeact! Jimme, I knew you'd know who I was talking about right off the bat and Brook you can probably figure it out ;) and it is the final straw. My kids will eventually stop asking for her kids but the anger I had for what she exposed my kids to will probably never fade enough for us to be friends again. But oh well! Oh, and I didn't call because I was a fucking mess...I spent most of the day crying and by the end of the day I took 2 of my happy pills and went to bed! Good times Good times!~

Anonymous said...

.ESUOH SSALG A NI EVIL UOY FI SENOTS
WORHT T'NDLUOHS UOY.

"read with a mirror, I think you need to look hard at one anyway"

Jaime said...

I'm sorry but exactly what does protecting my children from a sex offender have to do with living in a glass house and throwing stones????

My job as a mother to protect my children. Period.

Powered By Blogger