Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Batting 1000

So last night we had our second t-ball game. We had sooooo much fun cheerin for our lil guy. Mads didn't play but we are trying not to push her...the kids on that team are 2 years older than her and I think she feels a little intimidated by them. She's told me twice now that she's "nervous" so we're just going with whatever she wants to do. Hopefully she'll come around but who knows.

So back to the game...it was a close one! We only beat them by one point! I was the crazy mama jumpin up and down for the team but then again I wasn't the only one! DJ only got to bat once but he made it all the way home and that was exciting! Right now he's playing right field so he doesn't get much action on the field but that kid is READY. EVERY.SINGLE. TIME!!!

Watching him interact with the rest of his team was a little disheartening. He is terribly shy until he gets to know people and then he's a total clown. He was just sitting there hanging out, not cheering like the other boys and it was a little sad.

After the game was over we had this parent come up to us and he introduced himself and was like "can I talk to you guys? I don't want to be offensive but...."(Now I think he is going to be like "ma'am I understand that you like to take a LOT of pictures but can you kindly remove yourself from the field lol) Instead he said "can I pray with you for your son. (Insert initial anger and then tears) We said sure and he prayed for DJ and said that the Lord was going to give us a miracle and cure DJ's sight. (Just a note..I am crying as I write this and I don't cry but it really impacted me) So we're sitting there in the middle of a tball field and I am trying to hold it together. Some stranger is out there PRAYING for MY BABY so that he can SEE and be NORMAL. I haven't prayed in a VERY VERY long time...probably not since my dad died because I was so angry with god for taking him away so early. BUT I PRAYED MY HEART OUT LAST NIGHT.

I want so much for him to be able to see and play like other normal children. I want him to have a NORMAL life not be hindered by his eyes the rest of his life. I would do anything to make sure everything would turn out ok for him. I told the parents on his tball team that he had been diagnosed as legally blind so they wouldn't think he wasn't paying attention or just stupid and they were all so understanding. This guys wife must have told him and he told us he felt "called" to pray with us and that God had told him that DJ was going to be ok. GOD I HOPE HE IS RIGHT.

We have an appointment next Tues. in Tulsa and we are hoping for the best. I don't know that I've ever asked for prayers on here or anywhere else really but please if you pray, pray for my little boy. Pray that he can see and enjoy all the wonders this wonderful life has to offer him. Pray for me to be strong and not be bawling while typing a blog post lol. We need all the prayers we can get for his sight and our strength!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaime....I'm crying now too...I'm an emotional mess today and this just hit me....I'm praying for him hon...praying hard for all of you...hang in there Mama!

Jaime said...

Thanks girl! I started crying just reading your comment. I'll be fine and then it just hits me. Life just threw us a bucket of lemons but we are trying like hell to make some delicious lemonade out of them!!!

I know you've been through the ringer lately too...You and your entire family are always close in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep on Keepin on!!!! :)

Powered By Blogger