Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Holy Mother of GOD!

I swear it hasn't quit raining here in a month..ok I'm exagerrating but seriously I don't remember the last time I saw the sun. AND we're expected to have another 10 DAYS of rain. What the fuck, over? Seriously rain I LOVE you but I love you more when you bring your ole frind the THUNDER STORM. This bleak pathetic little snivels of rain just ain't cuttin it anymore. If you're going to continue crying on my life at least let me witness the dramatics that go with it. I'm sick of your pity party unless its full of drama!

So our soccer game of course was rained out today and our tball game was as well. That's good because I didn't have to sit in the rain but baaaaddd because my kids LOVE their sports. So to cheer them up we took them out to eat at a mexican place to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a promise to take them to a big surprise if they ate their dinners.

The big surprise was the circus. Woo fun. I've never been to a circus but if I ever go to another one I'm going to make sure its a GOOD one. No, ONE elephant just isn't going to cut it for me. I expect at least one tiger and one bear in the act. And a bona fide trapeze act.. not two guys not really knowing what the hell they are doing.

But the most important thing is the kids had a blast. Maddie was more into it than dj though. She was dancing and clapping and was so scared when those guys were on the trapeze. But what is up with all the crap they try to sell you at the circus??? And people actually BUY it. The kids wanted these glo stick swords and we considered getting them one but they were $12 EACH. For real??? You want to spend $12 on something that won't glow tomorrow......ummm I think not.

The kids rode the elephant (which was another 10 bucks btw) and DJ was like whatever but Mads was TERRIFIED. It was hilarious. I don't think my girl likes heights and I so don't blame her.

DJ on the other hand wanted to go on this wheel thing contraption..you know where the guy walks around and around in and on a wheel and it go waaaay up in the air. He cried because he didn't get to try it. I told him it was only for big kids and he immediately replied "well when I get bigger I'm going to be in the circus and ride the wheel." Um, OVER. MY. DEAD. BODY. kid. We all know that circus performers are all estranged from their family and kinda freaky.

Don't most kids want to grow up and be doctors or astronauts???? Then Mads decided she was going to grow up and be an acrobat in the circus..........UGHHHH maybe I should start my own circus. Oooh I could call it "The Family Circus".........orginal ehhhh?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger