Friday, May 8, 2009

Not a Good Post.........

Went to the eye doc for DJ today. That appointment sucked. Worst. Appointment. EVER. First, it was just me, DJ and Spence. Spence was a pain in the ass. But was even worse was when the nurse was trying to put eye drops in DJ's eyes. Wasn't happening. So I said "Want me to try? I used to do this for a living." So nursey hands over the drops and I try to put them in. It's a total no go. (Man where the fuck is Jerry...ooh yeah he's taking his last final...dumbass..(not really mad at him but man could I have used him!))

So what do I do....I sit on the floor and try to hold him down........NOT. HAPPENING. It took me and the nurse holding him down to get the damn drops in. I almost left but we preservered. Finally after a few gallons of sweat (why don't they air condition the crap out of doctors offices...nothing worse than being stuck in a room that is hot with two cranky kids) we got the drops in.

Doc comes in. Does his thing........And then I see his brow start to furrow...but he doesn't say anything. Finally he says "has he seen a pediatric opthamologist yet?" me: " uh year up until he was 3 and especially when he had his first eye surgery" Then NOTHING. Brow furrows further.

DOC: "He's not seeing too good out of his right (good) eye.

Me: How bad is it?

Doc: "Well he is legally blind in both eyes.

ME: WTF...tears........OMG.........tears.........R U SURE.........tears. OMG OMG OMG

My sweet baby boy is BLIND in BOTH eyes. We've always know about the left eye being bad (he has a lens thicker than a coke bottle on that side) but the right side has always been his GOOD side.

I'm worried about how this will affect him later on. It is just so sad. We have another appt for another opinion in July. Hopefully it will go better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaime! I am sooo sorry! How old is he again? When #1 was 3 we finally went to an ENT for his chronic ear infections...he had 85% hearing loss in both ears because of the ear infections and I fel horrible for letting it go on that long! We kept thinking he would outgrow it...he's totally fine now...had tubes for 2 years and now he is 100%! DJ will be fine no matter what...hang in there Mama!

Brooke said...

We will keep your little guy in our prayers!

Powered By Blogger