Thursday, November 13, 2008

Caged

So D.J. is telling me that we are going to have his first birthday party at PopPops. Sadly my PopPop died last December so this is the first birthday DJ won't have a party there. When he died DJ was too little understand but when he brought it up today I thought I'd tell him that PopPop had died and went to heaven. Here's the conversation:

DJ:When's my first party at poppops.

Me:Oh honey. We can't have a party at poppop's this year. Poppop's not here anymore.

DJ: He's gone?

Me: Yes sweetheart he died and went to Heaven.

DJ: (screams) AND GOT PUT IN A CAGE??????

I then gently explained heaven but not after I giggled a little bit. I have no idea where he got the idea that when you died you were in a cage unless he's seen a coffin which I don't think he has. I thought it was pretty funny though and man it made me miss my poppop!

4 comments:

LivingLifeBackwards said...

HA HA HA too funny.... I remember when I was little I asked my mom if we could visit my grandpa at his job. She said "oh he's not there anymore" and I asked why and she said he got fired. I freaked out and demanded an explanation. I wanted to know why they couldn't just tell him not to come back. They didn't need to set him on FIRE! Then got very pissed at my mother for laughing. I wondered how she could laugh at such a mean thing to do to my grandpa.

Jaime said...

I tried to conceal my laughter as much as possible but I gotta tell you it was hard!

Jimme said...

OH sweetheart thats adorable that dj just automatically assumed poppop was caged too funny.... kinda sad this will be the first thankgiving and bday w/o him..... i have actually been thinkin alot about grandmom and poppop alot lately not for sure why prolly since i just lost gma evans and papa h isnt in the best of health and neither of codys gparents are either... i know its just part of life but i want you to know i truely miss them both also love ya

Heidi said...

Pretty cute little guy! We have some things in common--lots of anti-depressants going around at our house. What a blessing it is! Also, I am pretty seriously into books, too. . .

Powered By Blogger