Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Horrible Mom and Other News

Yep I cancelled our game tonight. It was COLD and the rain kept coming and going. Luckily all the parents were waiting on my phone call to cancel the game tonight so my guilt is somewhat relieved. Not all because my two came home and changed immediately into their uniforms and were excited to play tonight. But I just couldn't force myself to go stand out in the rain and take a chance on getting drenched w/ Spencer in tow.

So instead we went to Target!!!! Holy shit people I have a TARGET! Walking in was a little surreal as I came to the realization that I would no longer have to drive 45 minutes away to get my target fix. Now I can literally be there in 5...count them FIVE minutes. I. AM. IN. HEAVEN.

I am going back tomorrow w/ my hubby. I had to go alone tonight w/ my kids and it was a disaster. Spencer did not want to ride in his stroller so I had to carry him the entire time. Every time I tried to set him down in the stroller he screamed bloody murder.

They were handing out cupcakes so both the big kids got one. I carefully choose two white cupcakes w/ red frosting because I thought we would fare much better w/ the white ones instead of the chocolate ones w/ white icing.

Bad idea. I wouldn't let them eat them in the store because they were too messy. So I grabbed two off the table and as I was setting them down on the stroller Spencer stuck his hand in the bright red icing! He then preceded to smear it all over my arms and hands and then he tried to eat my hands. So here I am trying to get this red icing off of me and its not coming off! It stained my hands! And Spencer. And the carseat! Still not quite sure how it got there.

So we turn to leave and are walking toward the checkout when Madison stops right in front of me and SPLAT goes the cupcake on the floor. DJ starts crying "my cupcake, my cupcake". I quickly reassure him that we will go back and get him another cupcake. A target employee appears out of nowhere and helps me out. He tells me not to worry about the floor, gathers up all my trash from my attempt at trying to clean up the floor, and tells me to stay put. Seconds later he comes back w/ wet paper towels for my hands and the kids. I try to clean the floor and he tells me not to worry about it again. Seconds later another target employee magically appears w/ another cupcake for DJ. They were lifesavers! Best customer service I've ever received at a retail store.



In other wonderful customer service news. (I just love good stories like this) Waaaay back in Feb. we ordered take out from OutBack. Our salads were crap. All four of them could easily fit into both my hands. I called the manager told me she would send out some coupons. Great! Well then we get to our main meal. Our onion was ice cold and way under cooked. Our med/rare steaks were well well done and it was all just gross. I called back and we were promised gift certificates. Well 8 mths went by and I finally wrote them last night telling them how upset I was. I wasn't even expecing a response but I got an email saying that we have $100 in gift certificates in the mail and to please let them know when we come in so they can take care of us. I am totally shocked but really happy.

So yay for good customer service!!!!!

2 comments:

Minyo said...

Sounds like the weather justified the cancellation. We showed up at practice at our fields the other day in the rain and only 2 kids from my daughter's age group showed up.

Plus, a Target? So jealous! and 5 minutes away. How Awesome is that? So worth canceling soccer. Yes, customer service at Target is the best!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Target employees!! I passed my test by the way so I will back commenting again...I am soooo relieved...one hurdle down, one to go! Thank you for your works of support!

Powered By Blogger