Wednesday, October 29, 2008

New Friends!!!!

I'm making new friends at school! WooHoo! I'm so excited! It's been YEARS since i had real girl friends. I have wonderful long time friends and you know who you are....I love ya'll to death. But I haven't had any girlfriend I could just hang out with.

So a few weeks ago I made friends w/ 3 of my kids 4 teachers. They are all awesome and I feel so lucky that my kids have such awesome teachers. It's nice to have a realationship w/ their teachers because I always get the real scoop about whats going on in their classrooms. I know who the trouble kids are and I know that if my kids are ever a problem that I'm only a text away. These teachers are awesome and I feel so fortunate to have met them. One is even going to be my neighbor! Oh the fun that we will have! I can't wait

The teacher and her husband were moving stuff into their new house tonight and I walked over w/ spence to tell them I had some boxes for them and the big kids came running out of the house even though they were supossed to be in their beds and started telling u about monsters outside their windows. Her husband promptly pulled out his BB gun and went to shoot the "monsters". The gun wasn't loaded at all but the kids were all about it and went to bed peacefully tonight, reassured that Josh had killed the monsters! Soooo cute!

The other friend I have acquired I met the day of registration. She has four kids, 2 of which are very close to my kids' ages. She's got a 4 year old girl who is adorable and a 6 mth old baby! We chatted the first time we met and always said hello in the hall. Turns out she is the babysitter for my co-coach at soccer. She came to one of our games and we were cordial as always. But yesterday we exchanged numbers and she called me this morning and invited me to play Bunco this weekend. I am so excited!

I need new friends, normal friends! (Jimme, you know who I'm talking about so do NOT take any offense to this..you know your my best ever!) And I'm making them! I'm already thinking of parties and get togethers we can have! Christma (hello dirty santa), New Years, Superbowl, Mardi Gras, Cinco De Mayo, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day......and on and on and on!

This is the start of a new chapter for me and my family. YAY

No comments:

Powered By Blogger