Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Today on Oprah

Did anyone else see this? Did it bother anyone as much as its been bugging me all day long? For those who didn't see it basically this mom left her daughter in a car for 8 hours while she was at work and the little girl died. The dad normally took the daughter to daycare but he had a dentist appointment that morning so the mother took the little girl but she was never dropped off at daycare. The mother was too "busy" and forgot her little girl in a hot car for eight hours.

The whole point of the show was to tell people to "slow down" and it was basically a bunch of mothers sympathizing about how it could happen to anyone and that we are all so lucky it hasn't happened to us.

UM EXCUSE ME? Are you for real? I am just as busy as the next mom. I have 3 kids 4 and under and I can honestly say I WOULD NEVER FORGET MY CHILD IN THE CAR..EVER. No doubt in my mind that that is just not a possibility for me. And I'm sorry but you get NO sympathy from me at ALL! I guess that just makes me a heartless bitch but I'm over it. The lady I sympathized w/ is the one who put her daughters kitten in the dryer while doing laundry. THAT I can understand (especially since I have 3 lil kitties running around her right now) because that is truly an accident. Leaving your child in a car for EIGHT hours is neglect no matter how you put it.

It made me/makes me sick how many MOTHERS sympathized with this woman. Yes I'm sorry her daughter is dead BUT its her FAULT!

Whew that felt good

No comments:

Powered By Blogger