Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Sick

And it's all because of the stupid birthday party I had to go to. So here's the back story of how I met this family.

One day we were walking out of school when DJ started talking to this little boy name "C". I told C's mom that we were having a birthday party at the park and she was welcome to bring "C" and his sister that Sunday. She informs me that she has 4 kids. Ok, bring 'em all I say. So they do. They then preceeded to stand off to the side and not say a word to any of us during the whole party. Whatever. I told them not to bring a present and they didn't. No biggie.

Well then I get an invite to C's birthday party. It's at Chuck E Cheese. I HATE CEC. That place SUCKS. But since they gave us a formal invite I HAVE to bring a present, especially since DJ is dying to buy him one. So we get him one. No big deal. We get to hell, I mean CEC, and she has the exact same thing she had on Friday when I went and picked the kids up from school. She hasn't brushed her hair. (Oh and the exact same thing wasn't anything remotely cute, it was an old ratty t-shirt)

Maybe its just me but I can't stand looking like shit in public but definetly not at a party I'm hosting. I would have no fun because I would be so paranoid that people were talking about how shitty I look! (No, I'm NOT self-centered lol). I'm no fashionista either. My idea of looking put together and cute is yoga pants and a tank top. But I do look cute! Really I do.

(Side story here...first day of school, guy drops his kid off wearing ratty, holey, pajama pants and a ripped t-shirt. I mean really??? You couldn't take 2 seconds to put on some un-holey pajamas? I'm okay w/ pajamas being worn in public, but PLEASE no holes. I don't want to accidentally see something I shouldn't. Anyways, as much as I hate to admit it because of his fathers appearance that first day, that is ALL I can think about when I look at this kid. And it never fails..whenever I look at him I think "poor kid"! First impressions really are important people!

So back to my birthday hell story. I hate CEC. It's loud, noisy, and kids and germ infested. (I can prove it, I am sick because I went to that hell hole). And the food sucks too. Maybe its in my head but if an invite says CEC anywhere on it I start dreading it immediately and know I will not have any fun. My kids will and they will probably catch their death while their at it. I know I will.

So while in there I start having a full on anxiety attack. Man those are not fun. I couldn't breathe. I was sweating and cold all at the same time. I just wanted the HELL out of there. But the kids just had a few more tokens so I made myself breathe through it and as soon as we were out the door I felt a little bit of the weight lift off my chest. Unfortunately not all...my anxiety likes to linger. Got home took some xanax. Didn't help. Jerry has the nerve to ask me if I took a xanax and since I did why I was in such a shitty mood. Uhhh....weren't we at the same place? I just don't do 50+ screaming kids...EVER!

To top it off the two parties next to us were obviously a little more classy and quite frankly I was embarassed to be seen w/ the party we were with. I hate being embarassed. So crappy Sunday and now I'm sick. I hate being sick. I think I have overdosed myself on meds. In the past 2 hours I have taken a swig of children's benadryl, 2 tylenol cold and sinus caplets, a swig of delyum, and dayquil. I still feel like shit. So as a last resort I'm counting on my old friend Bud (light that is) to help me through the night!

2 comments:

Jimme said...

i hate cec too, sorry you are still not feeling well i hope tomorrow is better for you :)

Anonymous said...

I hate CEC too!!

Powered By Blogger