Monday, October 20, 2008

My Sister

Back when I was 4 or 5 my mom got remarried. She married a guy who had a daughter. She was less than a year younger than me. We met and hit it off. We played although our interests were different we got along surprisingly well most of the time. She like barbies, I liked making mud pies. We only saw each other a couple of times a year but during those times we were just as much real sisters as anybody else. Up until I was around 11 we continued to see each other during the year. I'm not a hundred percent what happened then. All I know is that I stopped seeing my sister. I basically lost all contact w/ her. Sometime we got back in touch via email but being that we were both teenage girls we eventually lost touch. I have looked for her for years on reunion.com but have never had much luck. I have typed her name in myspace a few times but nothing ever came up. On a whim the other day I typed it in and she came up. I write her and ask her if she is my sister. I knew it was a strange question and didn't really expect a response but she wrote me back and it HER! She used to live in Nevada but now she lives less than an hour an a half away from me in my old home town.

I want to see her badly. I have never stopped loving her and thinking of her as my sister but I have no idea if she feels the same way. I wrote her tonight and talked about getting together. I told her how much we all still love her and how much I hope that she wants to see us as much as we want to see her.

And for those of you who don't know....her dad wasn't my real dad but he loved me just as much as any dad loves his daughter. I thought of him and still do as my dad. My relationship w/ my biological dad is to this day to say the least rocky. My dad died in 2003 and my sister wasn't there. At first it made me angry but I have kind of come to terms w/ it since I have never talked to her about it and have no idea what her reasons were. I hope someday we get to sit down and talk about everything but right now I just want to see her and get to know her again. But that ball is in her court right now. I am afraid I'm going to overstep my boundaries and scare her away.

So I wrote her tonight and kind of told her how I felt and let her know she had family that wanted to get to know her again and that have never stopped loving her. I hope she writes back and I will keep everyone updated about our situation.

3 comments:

Jimme said...

I pray that she wants a relationship with you and D and the kids... i miss her too not that i was around much when she was but we always got along... keep me posted on if shes agrees to a visit

Jaime said...

I almost asked her if she remembered you but I got too deep into things lol. I will ask her IF she writes me back!

Anonymous said...

Has she written back? I hope so!!!

Powered By Blogger